3 Simple Steps to Start a Meaningful Volunteering Experience with The Salvation Army
STEP 1: Consider the kind of volunteer assignment you would like to take up
- What causes/issues matter the most to you?
- Which beneficiary group would you like to serve?
- What do you wish to gain from your volunteer experience?
- What do you NOT want to do as a volunteer?
- Do you want to volunteer for something that uses skills and experiences (e.g. past voluntary experiences) you already have, or do you want to do something completely different?
- Do you want a regular, short-term, adhoc or one-off assignment?
Video on Volunteer Possibilities: http://bit.ly/crusade4charity
STEP 2: Consider an existing volunteer opportunity or initiate a project of your own.
STEP 3: Sign up with The Salvation Army
Complete the relevant forms if you are joining an existing volunteer opportunity
Send in your proposal if you are initiating your own project to bless others.
Application Forms: http://bit.ly/sav-forms
Guide for Proposals of Self-Initiated Projects: http://bit.ly/sav-proposal