Gracehaven Fostering seeks to provide a safe and secure home for foster children and young persons who are in need of care and protection.
Appointed by the Ministry of Social and Family Development in November 2017, Gracehaven Fostering seeks to partner foster families to provide an interim or long term alternative care in a home-based environment for foster children whose parents are unable to care for them.
What is Fostering?
Fostering is a temporary care arrangement where families provide foster children with basic necessities and love and care for them. These children may be in foster care due to abuse, neglect or other reasons that may lead to their family being unable to care for them temporarily. Our hope is for these children to benefit from a safe, stable and conducive home environment.
Criteria to be a Foster Parent
• Be married and apply together as a couple
• Be willing to ensure a child-safe home environment*
• At least 25 years old
• Have a minimum monthly household income of S$2,000 and a PCI of at least $700*
• Be a resident of Singapore
• Be medically fit to care for children
• Have a secondary school education
• Preferably have experience in caring for children
Following the submission of the application, applicants would be assessed by MSF on their suitability on a case-by-case basis.
* Examples of child-safe home environment include refraining from the use of physical punishment and installing of window grilles (for foster parents caring for foster children below the age of 13).
** Per Capita Income = (Total household income) / (Total number of people in the household)
Support for Foster Parents
Foster Parents will be supported through:
• Regular home visits, telephone contact, specialised training and support groups and a 24/7 emergency hotline
• Monthly fostering allowance to cover the daily expenses of the child
• Support for medical fee, child care and student care fees
• Childcare leave to care for their assigned foster children in the eligible age bracket
Here are some helpful Frequently Asked Questions.
Please download this form to apply to be a foster parent.
Location & Contact
3 Lorong Napiri Singapore 547528 (Click here for map)