Gracehaven Fostering seeks to provide a safe and secure home for foster children and young persons who are in need of care and protection.
Appointed by the Ministry of Social and Family Development in November 2017, Gracehaven Fostering seeks to partner foster families to provide an interim or long term alternative care in a home-based environment for foster children whose parents are unable to care for them.
What is Fostering?
Fostering is a temporary care arrangement where families provide foster children with basic necessities and love and care for them. These children may be in foster care due to abuse, neglect or other reasons that may lead to their family being unable to care for them temporarily. Our hope is for these children to benefit from a safe, stable and conducive home environment.
Criteria to be a Foster Parent
(1) The applicant must be a resident of Singapore.
(2) The applicant must be at least 25 years old and married.
(3) The applicant must be medically fit to care for children.
(4) The applicant must have a minimum monthly household income of S$2,000 and a PCI of at least $700*.
(5) The applicant should have attained secondary school education.
(6) The applicant should have experience caring for and living with children and/or exhibit strong parenting skills; and
(7) The applicant should be willing to provide and ensure a child-safe home environment for the foster child.
(8) The applicant must be willing to work with MSF and other professionals for the child's best interest.
Please note that the criteria listed above only serves as a guide. All applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
* PCI = Per Capita Income = (Total household income) / (Total number of people in the household)
Support for Foster Parents
Foster Parents will be supported through:
Here are some helpful Frequently Asked Questions.
Please download this form to apply to be a foster parent.
Location & Contact
3 Lorong Napiri Singapore 547528 (Click here for map)